The faculty of IT established a new undergraduate program in Software Engineering to address the growing need for professionals in this sophisticated field. Graduates of this program will work with the engineering of software, with special attention devoted to large and critical systems.
Recent surveys and data from the Bureau of labor Statistics indicate that the need for trained software engineers will increase significantly during the next decade.
This program addresses both analytic and practical skills required by students to develop robust and efficient computer software systems for manufacturing, industrial, medical, government, and business applications. They will have individual and team hands-on experience with timely, cost-effective and state-of-the –art processes, methods and tools.
This curriculum aims to prepare students for careers in software engineering, software project management, and software development and integration. Software engineering comprises the core principles in software construction and maintenance. This mainly covers the fundamental software processes and life-cycles , mathematical foundations of software engineering, requirements analysis , software engineering methodologies and standard notations, principles of software architecture and reuse, software quality frameworks and validation , software development , and maintenance necessary for satisfying possible future software engineering accreditation or certification requirements
Vision: Distinction and leadership in software engineering locally and internationally in the fields of teaching and research and serving the local community according to local and international standards.
Mission: Preparation of distinguished and effective elite in the fields of software engineering capable of developing software to meet the needs of the labor market and serving the local community.
- Providing qualitative and effective education by using a variety of contemporary teaching methods, including integrated online learning as a means of increasing efficiency and increasing opportunities of student learning.
- Providing distinguished scholarships for distinguished students.
- Hiring distinguished faculty members.
- Building an interactive partnership with the local community.
- Teaching Software Engineering as a well-defined method for developing software.
- Providing modern curricula in technical and scientific knowledge that is necessary to meet the professional and academic objectives for students.
- Teaching students how to acquire new knowledge independently in a rapidly changing world.
- Graduating people in the field of Software Engineering with skills that meet the increasing demands of the labor market.