The department of Computer Science (CS) is established in 1991 as one of the first departments in the Faculty of Information Technology (IT) at Isra University. Later, it has been expanded to include two additional branches: Computer Networking Systems (CNS) and Multimedia Systems (MMS).
The department offers BSc degree in CS and provides basic courses for other disciplines in the faculty of IT, like the department of Software Engineering (SE), and the department of Computer Information Systems (CIS).
To be pioneer scientific and research center capable of supplying the labor market with specialists in the field of computer science characterized by their creativity, innovation and development to keep up with the ever-changing and challenges of the era, and have moral values and the culture of community service.
Develop students' scientific and practical abilities in all computer science specializations to match the local and regional labor market by providing high quality education in both theoretical and practical foundations, with an emphasis on basic programming techniques, systems programming, algorithm analysis, artificial intelligence and mobile applications. The education plan should effectively ensures the development of efficient work cadres in the field of computer science, multimedia systems and computer networks, giving them a competitive advantage to keep up with the continuous development and meet the challenges of the regional and global working environment of the 21st century.
- Dissemination of academic values through discipline and knowledge development to achieve excellence in all fields of computer science and its applications to serve the needs of the labor market at the local and regional levels.
- Empower the students with the theoretical and practical skills necessary to be able to design, build and manage IT projects.
- Achieve professional excellence by providing students with development ability and self-learning and keep up with the technological changes.
- Prepare graduates who are capable of leading teams and working in a team spirit and fulfilling ethical and professional responsibilities.
- Keeping up with the development of various information technology sectors to prepare research pioneers in diverse sectors and positively contribute in community service.