A brief about the Department:
The accounting department has been established at Business Faculty of Al-Isra University in 1991, to contribute to providing the human energy and resources that are scientifically qualified in accounting sciences, as well as to meet the various needs of different local and Arab institutions in the public and private sectors in this area.
The Department is specialized in delivering accounting sciences to students by adopting the scientific and educational methods, in addition to the most recent technology, to translate the economic events in a logical manner aiming to providing complete, reliable and appropriate information in a timely manner to help stakeholders in making decisions.
The Accounting Department grants Bachelor degree in Accounting Sciences in Arabic language after the students having completed the program requirements, which are 132 hours, which qualify the student to be granted such academic degree and enable him to practice accounting works in the light of the market requirements.
The Department also offers a Higher Education Program (Master) adopted by the Council for Higher Education in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan during the school year 2012/2013.
The Excellence and innovation culture has been adopted by the Department through the application of concepts and practices of continuous self- development of Academic and administrative capacities in the Accounting Department/ Business Faculty in Al-Isra University to improve the quality of accounting education outputs in a way that achieve adaption with today’s challenges and consistency with ethical and professional conduct rules of the workers in Accounting and auditing profession.
The activation of the serious work and constructive participation in elevating the capacity and high competencies within certain systems and mechanisms to reach excellence and innovation environment, including:
- Preparation of qualified and distinguished educational outcomes in accounting, with high capacity and good competencies to meet the needs of the market and society.
- Raise the abilities and competencies of faculty members at the competitive level of education requirements.
- Mainly serve the local community and Arab society in general by providing the required studies and accounting consultancy.
- The preparation of qualified and competent staff work in the field of accounting and auditing.
- Meet the needs of the local and Arab market, in both public and private sectors, of the Human resources who have the knowledge, scientific and practical ability in Accounting.
- Enhancing the educational and teaching standard through the adoption of the best and most recent information and scientific development and facilities provided by the theories and IT technology and communication.
- Holding scientific conferences and workshops in the field of accounting.