As a commitment to the mission and the strategic direction of Al Isra University in achieving excellence and providing best service to the community, the Faculty of Nursing was established in September 2006.
The Faculty of Nursing values knowledge not as an end point, but as a gate way to wisdom, and prepares students not only for a job, but also to lead an extraordinary life. Our Faculty shares the holistic perspective of nursing, and aims at preparing caring professional nurses able to address multiple complex human needs, and capable of assuming active role as a quality health care provider in an ever changing context. The faculty is committed to, creating learners centered and competency based curriculum and learning environment, and the development of nurses dedicated to life long learning, critical thinking, ethical practice, and leadership within an evolving health care delivery system.
The curriculum is designed as a four-year (132 credit hours) Bachelor of Science in Nursing. In addition, there is a bridging program after two or three year’s diploma.
Major classes in the Faculty rarely exceed 30 students, besides; our clinical training ratio of students to faculty is one the lowest to ensure individual attention to each student and emphasize interaction and mentorship, this collaboration helps instill a life long passion for hands-on learning.
The mission of the Faculty of Nursing is to prepare caring professional nurses able to address multiple complex human needs through proper clinical reasoning and clinical judgment, capable of assuming active role as a quality health care provider in an ever changing context. The faculty is committed to create learners centered and concept based and competency based curriculum and learning environment, and promote the development of nurses dedicated lifelong learning critical thinking, ethical practice and leadership within an evolving healthcare delivery system.
The Faculty of Nursing aspires to become one of the leading quality educational programs in the region through its learner’s centered, concept based and competency based curriculum and learning environment, and through application of research and community service.
The objectives of Nursing program:
- To prepare qualified caring professional nurses able to work effectively in an ever changing, diverse, and complex health care system.
- To prepare Nurses conceptual thinking skills enabling them for effective clinical reasoning and proper evidence based clinical judgment.
- To prepare Nurses with competencies and skills required for safe and high quality professional performance, demonstrating conceptual understanding of key concepts and critical content.
- The prepare graduates Able to implement one’s role as a nurse in ways that reflect integrity, responsibility, ethical practices and an evolving identity as a nurse committed to evidence-based practice, caring, advocacy, and safety of quality of care.
- To prepare graduates Able utilize technology to synthesize theory, research, and practice data to support and evaluate quality improvement in nursing practice, and examine the evidence that underlines clinical nursing practice to challenge the status quo, question underlying assumptions, and offer new insights to improve the quality of care for patients, families, and communities.
Why should you choose Faculty of nursing at Al-Isra?
Every student in our school is important, your unique abilities and learning needs are coached to develop and achieve your potentials.
- We use innovative teaching methods to achieve the objectives of our learners based curriculum.
- We prepare you to lead a successful life, and to be effective citizen in your community.
- We prepare you to continue on to the graduate education through strong comprehensive curriculum
- We will prepare you with proper portable nursing skills to be able to work in diverse settings and in other countries.
- We provide you with different opportunities to gain further skills needed for the market