The Library, a part of the University, was founded in 1991 with the purpose of providing different sources of knowledge to all academic specializations. It also aimed at serving both students and staff members, in addition to researchers.
The paper holdings of the library amount to (68,500) Arabic and foreign titles and that is equivalent to (104.500) volumes. The library subscribes to (179) Arabic and foreign journals.
It also subscribes to the English EBSCO electronic books comprising 21,500 titles, in addition to the EBSCO English. Periodicals comprising (27) database besides Adala program of the faculty of law and IEEE aspp database for Engineering and Information Faculties.
The library also holds a good amount of non- paper holdings (Audio – visual aids videos tapes, tapes, CD, Floppies and DVDs). It might constitute care for establishing a multimedia Center, in addition to a collection of theses and research papers of graduating students.
To excel locally and internationally in providing library services
Contribute to the achievement of a supportive environment for the development of knowledge, encouraging scientific research, serving the community by providing modern library systems and various databases
- Providing distinguished services continuously to meet the needs of the beneficiaries
- Facilitating the access of beneficiaries to information resources from inside and outside the university
- Updating of library holdings
- Organizing and diversifying information resources and electronic databases
- Developing the skills of library staff
- Enhancing cooperation with libraries and information centers on global and international levels
Director of The Library