Brief summary regarding the marketing department
Starting from the expansion strategy that the faculty of business adopted from its launch in the year 1991-1992, and what assured the importance of introducing the basic and important disciplines in that field. The development of the marketing department was the largest evidence of this trend after a period of preparation and readiness spanning more than 3 years in order to build the entity of this specialization in a holistic manner and provide all the requirements for the advancement of the tasks entrusted to it. At the beginning of the academic year 2002/2003, the department was accredited by the public and private accreditation committees of the ministry of higher education and scientific research.
Future vision of the department
1. Continuing to review and evaluate the syllabuses of the department in line with the latest guidance in the field of specialization.
2. Being hospitable towards professors in the field of specialization with good reputation at local, regional and international levels.
3. Focus on establishing the best relations between the department and the various institutions in order to facilitate the opening of future work outlets for graduates of the department.
4. Continuing to develop a plan to attract the best competencies of faculty members in order to contribute to the development of the scientific and educational process.
5. Reforming the interest in continuing education programs to ensure openness to society and maximize the benefits that the department contributes to the field of specialization.
The Marketing Department aims at graduating personnel in marketing specialization to reinforce regional and Jordanian market needs and to contribute to the development and construction of the Jordanian national economy and Arab economies.
This will be achieved through the implementation of an ambitious scientific and educational plan and programs in accordance with the scientific and worldwide contemporary viewpoints of communicating with the Arab and international universities, as well as with official and non-official institutions and civil society organizations in order to be able to compete in the local, regional and global market.
The department also aims at strengthening the personality of the graduate student in the marketing department through developing his abilities to make the right decisions in dealing with administrative and marketing problems and, in particular, through the development of these skills based on the programs and plans of the scientific and educational section and training courses during the studying period.
Methods of achieving goals
1. Attracting personnel that have efficient teaching abilities and advanced scientific ranks.
2. Using modern teaching methods based on modern technologies such as the Internet and data show.
3. Expanding the adoption of English in some specialized subjects in the department.
4. Adopt periodic and regular assessment of study plans and introduce modifications and updates that are in line with contemporary directives in the field of specialization.
5. Taking into consideration the scientific visits of the various institutions and companies according to a plan constructed by the department.
6. Taking into consideration the guidance documents provided for the students of the department and follow up its implementation according to a plan approved by the department.
7. Taking into consideration the interest of scientific research, especially those applied, and encouraging students to do so. Also, giving great importance to the subject of graduation research and stimulate the atmosphere of discussion among students.