The faculty of Information Technology (IT) was founded in 1991 to keep abreast of the remarkable development and technical progress that has begun to affect our lives, which requires educated, trained, and qualified people, who are capable of fulfilling the comprehensive renaissance of all fields.
The faculty of IT encompasses recently Five specialties for B.Sc. program, which are: Computer Science, Computer Science / Computer Networks, Computer Science / Multimedia, Software Engineering, and Computer Information Systems. For M.Sc. program, we pioneered the establishment of the first Master of Software Engineering program in Jordan.
The IT faculty aims to level up the educational process according to the latest international quality standards to continue supporting scientific research by encouraging researchers to build effective cooperation with universities and research centers at the local and worldwide so the faculty can achieve its goals.
The faculty of IT is looking forward to a pioneering position in education and research in the IT fields locally and internationally.
Achieve our vision, which will lead our students to the excellence level. Achieving the vision is realized by enhancing student’s knowledge and skills required to meet the needs of the software industry - locally internationally- with high effectiveness.
- To graduate competent and specialized people having the required skills to meet the needs of the growing IT market.
- To develop and improve study plans to meet the needs of the IT market in accordance with the standards of international quality assurance.
- To promote the use of e-learning to become a cornerstone of the educational process.
- To give a great deal of attention to scientific research for promoting knowledge production and use.
- To focus on developing students’ leadership and creativity skills to encourage them to work as a team for contributing development of society.