Software engineering department aims at fostering success in our graduates through equipping them with excellent portfolio of technical, analytical and problem-solving skills needed for establishing a progressive career in software industry, pursuing their higher education or to start their own businesses. The department seeks addressing the ever-growing needs in all domains and sectors for robust and high-quality software systems that satisfy client expectations and comply with international standards i.e. IEEE, ACM, ISO and CMM.
Two decades ago, ISRA University was among the first universities in Jordan to offer an undergraduate program in software engineering (BSc). Later, it continued pioneering software engineering education by becoming the first to offer a postgraduate degree in software engineering (MSc). Now, we are delighted that our department is one the largest of its kind. Currently, we continue to sustain our success by improving the quality of our teaching standards and research outcomes and by adopting one of international accreditation and by creating partnerships with local communities, industry and other institutions.
At software engineering department, we are committed to nourish a positive academic environment focuses on students at the heart of our interest. All our teaching staff holds PhD degrees from top universities in the world according to QS and THE ranking. All of them are resolute and competent in both teaching and research. Our curriculum is designed to satisfy the local accreditation and quality assurance requirements and to meet the IEEE/ACM guidelines and standards. All course descriptions, syllabi, and teaching materials are continuously improved to enrich our students’ knowledge and to sharpen their practical hand-on and technical skills.
Pioneering and distinction in software engineering according to international standards.
Preparing qualified and excellent staff able to develop software solutions that have high quality according to the requirements of job market and community service.
Software engineering program aims at realizing the university vision and mission and achieving its aims and the goals of the faculty of information technology through preparing graduates with the following:
- Problem solving abilities through systematic thinking that aims at designing, building and evaluating software solutions.
- Ability to build and develop effective and high-quality Software that meets requirements and comply with standards.
- Ability to acquire programming skills required for developing software using modern programming languages, methodologies and tools that are available in software industry.
- Developing analytical critical thinking ability that is used in all phases of software development.
- Enhancing self-learning skills that are used for continuous and sustainable professional development.
- Acquiring planning, organization, management, and leadership skills in workplace and software development projects.
- Acquiring communication skills required for connecting with others and working in teams.
- Professional and ethical responsibilities toward colleagues, employers, and community.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
At the end of the student study of software engineering the following learning outcomes must be achieved:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Applying the principles, methodologies, tools, and best practices in software engineering for building and developing high quality and effective software solutions that meet requirements.
Software Systems Analyst
Software Design Engineer
Software Development Engineer
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Software Maintenance Engineer
Software project manage
Software Testing Engineer